Air ducts play the most important role of circulating air throughout your home. Everything which is present in the air including dirt, dust and dander also pass through the ventilation system. For this reason that residential duct cleaning is extremely important especially in the presence of pests of mold.
Residential duct cleaning is one of the most efficient ways to keep your HVAC system in good condition. Moreover, it keeps your indoor air fresh and free from allergens and other contaminants. Taking good care of your HVAC System is essential but how do you know it’s time for Duct Cleaning Services? Below are the five main signs indicating that your ducts require cleaning.
Mold And Mildew
Inhaling mold can have adverse consequences on health and can make you sick. It can also give rise to other health-related issues. It can be dangerous especially for people suffering from asthma, allergies and other respiratory problems.
Mold is usually the result of moisture buildup in your ducts. Since ducts are usually moist and dark, they provide a suitable environment for mold growth.it can also give rise to additional bacteria and germs which in turn can impact the efficiency of your HVAC system.
- Visible Mold: – If you find visible mold growth on your air ducts or registers, it’s time to call a professional duct cleaning company. Even if it’s not in the ducts and some other area in your home, it will still spread via the HVAC system in your home. Hence, keep a check on mold at your home.
- Mildew Smell: – Even if you can’t spot it with your eyes, there is always smell which can give you an indication about its presence. If your home has mildew, sour or ammonia-like smell, the chances of mold growth are evident. In case it gets worse on switching on the HVAC system; call a Reliable Duct Cleaners in Melbourne to have a look.
Visible Dust and dirt
If dirt or dust comes out of your ducts when you switch it on, the chances are that you need a cleaning. Moreover, be sure that your HVAC system is circulating this dirt throughout your home. If you often find dirt on your upholstery even after regular cleaning, it is the dirty ducts which are responsible for the same. Hence, it will require more effort and time for cleaning.
- Vents covers and registers: – Dirt usually accumulates around cracks of vents and registers. Make it a habit to open the vent covers and check the mat for dust and debris. Consult residential duct cleaners for getting your vents and registers cleaned.
- Clogged air filter: – As a general rule, changing the filter every six months is necessary. Clogged air filter not only restricts the airflow but also reduces the efficiency of your HVAC system. Restricted airflow, on the other hand, leads to dust and germs buildup in your ducts.
- Dirty HVAC unit: – Check the inner coils to see for dust and dirt. If you find any, it’s time for a professional duct cleaning service.
Insects or Rodents
It is very common for rodents and insects to find a way to your ducts. This can not only lead to a spread of diseases but can also lead to a bad odour in your home. This can be bad for your health. Moreover, if you find any pests hanging around in your home, then chances are they are present in your ducts as well. They not only build their nests inside but also leave their wastes and leftovers inside.
- Bad odour: – If there is a weird smell in your home and you are unable to find the source, chances are there are dead birds or mice in your ducts. This can pollute your whole house as also spread infections at a fast rate.
- What to do: – You must call a pest control agency in such a case. Moreover, having your ducts cleaned is also necessary. Hence, you need to fix an appointment with duct cleaning service providers as well.
Increase in Utility Bills
If your utility bill is reflecting a sudden increase, then it’s time to get your ducts checked. If you frequently have to change the filter or adjust the thermostat, then chances are that your HVAC system requires extra efforts to work smoothly. A clogged duct usually requires more energy to run effectively, which in turn leads to an increase in utility bills.
Professional Duct Cleaning Services
If you find any of the symptoms mentioned above, it’s time to get in touch with a reliable duct cleaning source. Do not compromise with your health and air quality to live a healthy life. Ses Duct Cleaning is the best duct cleaning company. We have years of experience and expertise. Moreover, we are a certified company with a huge client base. We not only clean your HVAC system but also sanitize it efficiently. Moreover, also do pre and post-inspection to be sure there are no germs or contaminants in your ducts.
Give us a call on (+61) 345 176 909 to get in touch with us. Our staff is available 24*7 to cater to your Residential Duct Cleaning needs. Quality services are our prime motto. It is for this reason that we always give our clients, the best possible services. Our prices are quite affordable for a quality you would love paying for.